hip-hop, Paris Opera House, machetes in the jungle....

10:43 AM

This sums up the first half of my life and it makes no sense, no sense at all!

How does that apply to decorating? All the many places I've lived and visited have had an effect on how I design my life.  I do know that I am always on the search for new ways to change the look and feel of my environment.  I get bored easily.  I am one of those people who changes the layout of my furniture every 6 months or so cause I get bored with how it looks.   From the age of 15-28 I was constantly on the go, being visually stimulated as I traveled and lived all over the world. Below are a few of my adventures...

Visiting Paris and London and eating a meal at Le 58 Tour Eiffel when I was 15 (restaurant located on the first level of the Eiffel Tower)  
Moving to a gorgeous 4 level home on the outskirts of Paris, in a town called Saint-Cloud.
I wrote a million letters to all my HS friends in Ca. so the address is burned into my memory.
Address: 10 Ave. de la Pommeraie, Saint-Cloud, France 92210
While living in France we traveled all over Europe.  Amsterdam, Holland, Belgium, London, Greece, Sweden, ps my most magical memory was watching a live European rock concert in a castle in the middle of Luxembourg.
we are in these pictures, you can see our tiny faces and bodies in the bottom corner of the pictures. ;)
Spending 6 months in Jerusalem (during that time traveling to Egypt, Lebanon and the West Bank), hiking through the Jungle of the Philippines with a machete and living in small apartments that looked like an American garage.

For 3 years we spent our Summer vacations in the Cayman Islands scuba diving, snorkeling and sun bathing on gorgeous private beaches.

Last but not least.  In 2002 I took my last "out of country adventure" with my newly wed husband, parents and siblings while I was 3 month pregnant with Max.  We took a 2 week vacation through Europe driving from Germany to Austria, Slovenia, Croatia, Venice Italy, Prague and Hungry.  I heard it was amazing.  I was nauseous and puking the whole time. ;)

From 2002-present my life has taken on a whole new kind of adventure.  As my kids grow older they get to hear all my adventures about:
"scuba diving with a barracuda"
"getting lost in the Filipino jungles"
"swimming in an old fountain in the middle of Paris with my 2 high school friends at midnight"
"almost being taken to jail in Czech Republic because the corrupt police demanded we pay them $375"
"being chased down an alleyway in Greece by angry restaurant owners"
"*This one was kinda gross, but it is a hilarious story about desperately needing to "relive myself" while hiking to the top of Mount Sinai in Egypt and having nowhere to go except behind a small rock I barely fit behind off the trail.  Let's just say I experienced a bit of stage fright. "
"having little Israeli children throw rocks at us as we walked from the BYU Jerusalem center to Lions Gate"
"the bathroom in our house in France that had an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower right next to the toilette"
"watching 80 year old women make lace on the bridge in Venice, Italy"
"eating fresh out of the oven homemade pita bread in the West Bank"
"acquiring a parasite while in the Philippines and not realizing it until 2 years after I returned. (ew)  Gross story, but one that changed my life forever"

  and soooo much more....

I look forward to the day I can take my husband and family to all the magical places I visited as a youth.  I bring all the memories of these places I've visited into how I design my life.




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post, pics and info Brooke. Why don't you give us the real details of finding out about that parasite--where were you at??

    ReplyDelete