Decorating for Valentines Day

12:06 PM

The thought of decorating for Holidays is fun.  I could spend hours looking at ideas and projects (I don't, but I could).  Sometimes I even go so far as to purchase the materials to make the project.  

THEN...
... between running the kids to and from school (& preschool), homework, dance, X-fit, sports, music lessons, play dates, dinner and keeping the house from looking like something that could be on an episode of 'Hoarders' by:

- washing dishes (about 3x's a day!)
-folding the mountain of clean laundry in my basement
-wiping the dried food off the table and floor from dinner the night before
-picking up the million & one tiny lego pieces that always seem to find the soft spot of my foot
-making school lunch and finding clothes for the kids to wear the next day 
(in that mountain of laundry)
-sweeping and vacuuming the floors.........

...I barely find the time to take a shower and put on make-up let alone get to any "extra" projects these days.

So below is about as far as I got to decorating for Valentines day this year at our home:
from left to right:

1. (front door) pinned a burlap heart ($1.99 at Hobby Lobby) to my existing Christmas wreath, took no time and very little thought.

2.  (back door) took a wreath I had in storage, I did a post on how to make this chevron burlap wreath here and just added red ribbon to the top (left over from Christmas) and pinned on a felt stuffed heart, a Valentine decoration my mom gave me 10 years ago, no joke...10 year ago! HA!

3. put these X & O blocks on the entryway table.

4. My kids hung up these foam hearts from the dollar store (along with Henry's paper jelly fish he made in Preschool that has been hanging in our dining room for a month now).

So, I guess the point of this post is no matter how much I would love to sew gold fabric hearts or cut out ombre hanging heart garlands.... it's ok to make do with what you have.




You Might Also Like

0 comments