DIY: making a message board from an old clock...

11:33 AM

My writing has gone down the tubes! Is it because I am lucky if I can even post a picture and 1 sentence with 3 little munchkins now? Is it because my vocabulary is stuck in 'speaking with children under 6' mode? Is it because I'm just not feeling like I have a whole lot to say??? Well maybe the first 2 are correct but that last one couldn't be more false... trust me I have A LOT going on in this brain and A LOT to say, I've just learned to keep it to myself. Why? Je ne sais pa? My friend/neighbor came over and we talked and talked and talked...and I realized how much I miss talking with people over 20 years old. It doesn't happen a whole lot, but I love the times when it does. I will try and be more"Brooke" candid from now on...I mean really, who am I trying to impress? I'm not meek and demure, I am not the girl who sits by and lets things happen, I do have power and am powerful - even as a crafting, blogging, scrapbooking, cleaning, diaper changing, dishwashing mom.

This clock was broken and useless, I didn't throw it out because I knew I could figure out something to do with it. And here is what I did.

Vintage Button Pushpins: To make the pushpins, I used old buttons that used to belong to my grandma. I LOVE old buttons. I just hot glued the button to the top of a clear push pin.
1. To make the clock into a message board I removed the inside of the clock. It was really simple, all I had to do was remove 4 screws and it popped off easily. 2. Next, I unscrewed the back from the frame and cut the cork to fit. 3 & 4. I hot glued the fabric around the cork board and screwed the back on.

It sits in our office and I just love it, I only hang my "cute" things on here like cards, announcements and invitations. :) I also reupholstered this old thrift store chair with black and white fabric. Et Voila!!

You Might Also Like

1 comments