11:30 AM


My mother kindly offered to watch my children for 3 days as her Mother's Day gift to me,  well if you're a mom you know just how invaluable this is.  I have been painting my porch, moulding, caulking the bathroom tub and just resting whenever it suits me.  Absolute bliss.  Steve and I took advantage of the peace and quite last night and decided to try the little bistro down the street The Wild Grape.  It was absolutely amazing!!!  

Our appetizer was a local cheese tasting adventure.  We had a plate of grapes, blueberry's, blackberry's, caramelized walnuts, loganberry jam and a plethora of cheeses.  Goat cheese, Parmesan, Swiss, Rosemary-white cheddar, smoked lavender-white cheddar and one we couldn't figure out but it was yummy.

For our entre's I had:  The Grape’s House Salad

Local Chèvre Crostini, Glazed Pecans, Pickled

Grapes, Shaved Red Onions, Fine Herbs, Honey

Cider Vinaigrette


Steve Had: Open Faced House Smoked Prime Rib

Sandwich

Beehive Cheddar, Caramelized Onions,

Horseradish Jus, Skinny Fries


If you live in the Avenues you should try this place, even if you are not an adventurous foody. 

  

You Might Also Like

0 comments