PINK, in memory of Julie Neff

11:23 PM

As long as I have known my husband Steve, I have heard many stories about a mission companion he had while serving in Brazil. He credits this companion for the success and joy he found on his mission.

I know this companion as Elder Neff and frequently heard stories of their many adventures together. Well this evening my husband came home more somber than I have seen him in a very long time, he had just attended the viewing of Elder Neff's wife, Julie who passed away this last week due to a very aggressive form of Breast Cancer called IBC that targets younger women. She left behind her husband Brandon, a 5 year old son and 2 year old daughter. Our heart breaks for them and I hope that Elder Neff understands the influence he had on my husband and the person he has become today. So thank you Elder Neff, our love and prays are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Below are some wonderful handmade items that I found on etsy that show support for breast cancer awareness, and many of the shops listed below donate a portion of their proceeds to breast cancer research.

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. That is so sad. Life is such a precious gift - it scary to think it could be gone in an instant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pink is a beautiful color!I loved your post!Really!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Luiza! And yes Christie, things like this make life seem so temporary. Steve and I were just talking about how short life is and to make the most of it while we are here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a good friend of Julie and Brandon's, I am so glad to see all these places that donate to breast cancer research.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother in law has breast cancer. I'm so sorry to hear about the Neff family... thank you for sharing. I love how sweet those earrings are.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just saw this tonight. I have been missing my Julie and I was deeply touched. Having "Bart" at the viewing meant so much to me. He got me in this manly bear hug and just let me sob it out. I love you guys.
    Elder Neff

    ReplyDelete