Less is more...but not in a "boring" way...

10:57 AM

Now this is all a matter of opinion and each person has their own ideas on how they decorate their life, but I am a firm believer in "less is more". Even in the way I dress, I try to look nice but not over the top. Now, when I say that I am not referring to minimalism or boring. I love bright bold colors, I love something that's a little different. But there is such a thing as 'too much of a good thing' (I must be on a phrase kick today).

Below are pics of things/styles I like. Why am I sharing this? I don't know, perhaps it's therapeutic and reassuring to know what you like...yeah, let's go with that. :)



The above photos are rooms decorated by my uber talented cousin-in-law. ;) Her style is simple but NOT boring in the least. Go to her blog for more pics of her designs.

I love the styles above, the dress is from my friend's blog say yes to hoboken. I love her style, very simple and chic. The other 2 outfits are from Ann Taylor Loft.
I love the rooms above, they are bold yet not over the top. Generally, I am not too keen on painting stripes in your home, but if done right they can add a touch of color and interest to any room. But, if done wrong they can take over a space and become design overkill.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Yes less is more and I love the pics of Caitlin's decorating. You have fab style sis.

    ReplyDelete