here's to "being in the arena!"

8:14 PM

(these are some fresh Lilacs I picked from our yard, they smell amazing)

Ever have a day, week or month where you feel like you're about to implode? Well I do. More often than I will ever admit. But I figure this is what reminds me that I am a real person. As much as I would love to be blissfully unaware of all my life's imperfections, I'm not. I am all too aware of all things I don't do, all the things I don't or can't have and how the older I get and the more kids I have the more naps I want to take during the day.

On these not-so-great days of mine, my husband often reminds me of a well known quote by Theodore Roosevelt....
He says to me on these not-so-great days, "babe, we're in the arena right now".

So here's to all of you out there who are in the arena right now, may we all come out of this victorious!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. Great quote and so true. I need to print that out and keep it somewhere where I can see it. Keep on fighting sister, I will too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks ma'dear! Miss you, hey ask Thad what he meant about not having to pay him a large sum of money to move you guys closer? hee-hee j/k

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is why I love having in my life. I soo needed to read this right now. You are such an awesome friend.
    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete